Priests Were Called to Pelosi’s Home After Attack on Paul to Perform ‘Exorcism’: Report


OPINION: This article may contain commentary which reflects the author's opinion.

Then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi arranged for priests to come to the San Francisco home after her husband, Paul Pelosi, was attacked and severely injured last fall to perform what their daughter described as an “exorcism.”

A profile by Maureen Dowd published Saturday by The New York Times noted that Alexandra Pelosi said her mother called priests in following the home invasion and attack. “Over Thanksgiving, she had priests coming, trying to have an exorcism of the house and having prayer services,” Alexandra Pelosi said.

“I think that weighed really heavy on her soul,” the daughter continued regarding the attack, for which David DePape, an illegal immigrant from Canada, is facing several charges, including attempted murder. “I think she felt really guilty. I think that really broke her.”

The puff piece by Dowd noted that the former Democratic House speaker said the attack was very tough on the family.


“The fact that they were after me and then they hit him,” Pelosi told Dowd. “He’s a strong person, athletic. This has been tough. It’s going to be about three or four more months before he’s really back to normal.”

Nancy Pelosi, who is a strong supporter of abortion, claims to be a “devout” Catholic, according to reports, despite the Church’s ardent opposition to the procedure.

Bodycam footage of the attack on  Paul Pelosi in October, taken by responding police officers, was released and was shown during a court proceeding in mid-December.  Prosecutors played the bodycam footage of the assault in a San Francisco courtroom on Wednesday, according to reports.

“The proceedings were part of a preliminary hearing for alleged assailant David DePape, who has pleaded not guilty to federal and state charges, including attempted murder and attempted kidnapping, in connection to the October 28 break-in at the Pelosi residence in Pacific Heights,” the Daily Wire reported.

Reporters monitoring the proceedings in the gallery of the state courtroom could hear the footage but they were not actually able to see the 15-second clip of an officer’s bodycam because the TV monitor was facing the judge, KRON 4 noted further.

News stations and outlets could report what was said and did so, spanning the timeframe when officers first arrived at the Pelosi home and saw DePape and Pelosi, 82, fighting over a hammer.

“Good morning, what’s going on man?” one police officer asks, leading DePape to respond, “Everything’s good.” Next, another officer orders, “Drop the hammer!” DePape replies, “Uh, nope.”


Afterward, sounds of a struggle are heard, and San Francisco Police Officer Kyle Cagney testified that is the moment he and his partner tackled DePape. Paul Pelosi fell to the ground unconscious in a pool of blood, he added.

“Backup code 3! Give me your f***ing hands! Give me your f***ing hands!” an officer can be heard saying in the video before it ends.

The Daily Wire added:

DePape allegedly broke into the Pelosi home and confronted Paul Pelosi while he was sleeping. He allegedly asked, “Where is Nancy?” and told Paul Pelosi he would break “her kneecaps” if the speaker did not tell him the “truth,” but let her go if she did. At one point, Paul Pelosi was able to make a call to 911, which led to the visit by police. DePape told authorities he was on a “suicide mission” seeking out other politicians, according to court documents. His friends say he has a history of drug abuse, mental illness, and believing conspiracy theories.


KRON 4 reported that San Fran Police Lt. Carla Hurley testified that the suspect also told investigators he planned to kidnap Hunter Biden, who is President Joe Biden’s son, to discuss “all the corruption” in Washington, D.C. In addition, he said he planned to target California Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom, actor Tom Hanks, and Gale Breen, a feminist author.

Hurley also testified that Paul Pelosi was the person who opened the door when officers arrived and rang the doorbell.

After the attack, Pelosi underwent surgery for a fractured skull. He was also treated for serious injuries to his right arm and hand.

Back to top button
Send this to a friend